We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website. As a result we would like to inform you regarding the way we would use your Personal Information. We recommend you to read this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent so that you understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Customer Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information in accordance therewith.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to use our site, and please do not provide any Personal Information through this site. This Customer Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Site Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act). At Rizonetech we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully and openly.
Who are we?
Rizonetech is an established company that specialises in providing managed ICT services.
The information we collect
Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for example when you purchase a product or services from us or when you submit enquiries to us or contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Examples of information we collect from you are:
- email address
- telephone number
- mobile phone number
- user-generated content like posts and other content you submit to our website
We also collect information about you from other sources as explained below.
With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in our industry in order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Rizonetech.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details that you have submitted to the site (for example, the products or services you are interested in). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this website. We may from time to time supply third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the POPI Act on privacy in electronic communications.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. Your consent applies to the following domains: www.rizonetech.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.|
|_GRECAPTCHA||This cookie is set by Google. In addition to certain standard Google cookies, reCAPTCHA sets a necessary cookie (_GRECAPTCHA) when executed for the purpose of providing its risk analysis.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|test_cookie||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.|
|YSC||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.|
How can I control the cookie preferences?
Should you decide to change your preferences later through your browsing session, you can click on the “Manage consent” tab on your screen. This will display the consent notice again enabling you to change your preferences or withdraw your consent entirely.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your information
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions.
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your Personal Information so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you.
- Evaluate the use of the site, products and services.
- For audit and record-keeping purposes.
- For market research purposes.
- For monitoring and auditing site usage.
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your Personal Information and will not request the same information a second time.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- Make the site easier to use and better tailor the site and our products to your interests and needs.
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions.
- Personalise your website experience, as well as evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it.
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist with business development.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes.
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to your queries or comments.
- We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
- You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt-out.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our business partners who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
We may share your Personal Information with, and obtain information about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above;
- Other companies in our industry when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can offer to you, but only where you have not objected to such sharing;
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Personal Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Access to personal information.
- Computer and network security.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information.
- Physical security.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Secure communications.
- Security in contracting out activities or functions.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that Personal Information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your Personal Information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to the Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The POPI Act, which has more specific examples if you need them, can be found at the following link: www.gov.za/documents/download.php?f=204368
Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.